Now what? Did you know that a lot of your POST-exercise habits are having negative effects on your health and results? Thanks to the folks at FITSUGAR, they've compiled a great list of Post-Workout Mistakes to Avoid.
- You reward yourself too much: While occasional indulgences are smart — and necessary — using your workout as an excuse to help yourself to junk food is not going to get you the results you're after.
- You skip the stretch: You may think of the cooldown as a waste of time, but regularly skipping your post-workout stretches will put you at risk for injuries.
- Put down the Sports Drink: Sugary sports drinks can replenish electrolytes, but if you've just finished a short workout, the extra calories are probably unnecessary.
- No excuses: Monday's boot-camp class was so hard, so you can be forgiven for nursing your sore muscles until the start of next week, right? Not the best idea if you want to see pounds dropping on the scale. Make sure you get at least 300 minutes of vigorous exercise every week in order to stay on the right weight-loss track.
- You wait too long to eat: Refueling soon after a workout is crucial because it's what helps you rebuild muscle after a workout. Since the more muscle mass you have, the higher your metabolism, make sure you fit a snack of carbs and protein into your post-workout ritual.
For more great tips and the full article, click here.